Payroll /Finance Officer (.6 FTE)
About the Organisation
Kalyra Communities is an industry leader in the provision of residential aged care, community aged care, retirement living and affordable housing services. Kalyra Communities has a long and rich history in the not for profit sector with a strongly held position as a quality provider of services to the communities we operate in. Kalyra Communities practices the values of caring, quality service, accountability, respect, team work, open communication, honesty and enjoyment.
About the Position
Kalyra Communities is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and experienced Payroll/ Finance Officer ( .6 FTE) working Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday in a week.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this role will be responsible for providing a service which results in the timely and accurate payment of salaries and wages to Kalyra Communities employees and the processing of timely and accurate financial data for Kalyra Communities Help at Home Services.
This position will also provide Providing back-up support to Finance and Administration team when required .
This role will also provide assistance with systems development and upgrades where appropriate and budget preparation with the Finance Manager
What do we need from you:
- Proven experience as Payroll Officer or in a similar role
- Knowledge and understanding of accounts payable, receivables and other accounting roles
- Proven experience in using computarised payroll and accounting systems
- Outstanding organisational and time-management abilities
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills- ability to clearly express ideas, concepts or tasks orally or in writing
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management
- Confidentiality, professionalism, honesty essential
- Current drivers licence
Benefits of Working with Kalyra Communities
Kalyra Communities recognises that the provision of its services relies on the skill, commitment and dedication of its employees. Kalyra provides many Employee Rewards that are available to all employees such as:
- Salary Packaging
- Meal Card
- Education and Training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Well-Being Program
- Staff Appreciation Dinner
- Morning tea each day
(there may be some conditions affecting the availability of some Employee Rewards)
Please click on the link for a full copy of the POSITION DESCRIPTION
How to Apply
Before you apply for this position, please read the position description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer a few questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. You will also be asked to attach your current resume which should include two recent employment related referees. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume. A cover letter is not mandatory, but may be added if so desired.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
In the event you are shortlisted for an interview, and are then selected to progress to the next stage following interview, you must be prepared to undergo the following pre-employment screening processes as part of the selection process:
- Pre-employment Medical Assessment
- National Police Check
- Reference Checks - Please include two work related referees in your resume for reference checking purposes - please ensure your referee details are current and are people that have supervised you.